Thursday, October 27, 2011

Post 8

Throughout these past few weeks I have seen my product evolve through what we have learned in class. I started off with a simple idea of a touch screen computer monitor outside your closet which can help you pick out outfits without having to go through crowded closets. Through out the course of the class as we learned about different topics I was able to evolve my idea. I realized that RFID can be used to input the clothes. This is a simple and easy way to organize everything and input your clothes into the system. I then realized this could be a great way to track down missing clothes. Girls are always lending clothes to friends and forgetting they did so or loosing accessories. With RFID and the Visual closet this could be helped. They could be tracked down and easily found.

I as well realized that the system can have voice commands like we talked about in class and a program like Siri for the new Iphone to be your own personal assistant and almost like a personal shopper/dresser. The system can use the color codes we learned about to match clothing together and say what will look good. As technology evolves so can this product and it can become a huge success. Now my product has become a well rounded full operating computer like system with many different effects and options.

I thought that this was a great project to relate what we learned in class with real life situations. If we did not do this project, I probably would not of thought of all of the different ways what we learned in class could relate to real life things. I learned how technology really evolves a company and can change it in so many different ways just by a new technology addition.

I commented on 3 different classmates blogs they were: Zhou Yiyao, Kim Sooyum and Meng Meng

No comments:

Post a Comment